Well, two weekend links posts in a row, what do you think of that? We’re eagerly awaiting the arrival of the spring patterns. So stay tuned! I will be here starting next Wednesday with previews of each style. I really hope you’ll like what we have in store for you this season.
In the meantime, I’m busy catching up on other things left undone. A little spring cleaning of my in box, for example. But I’m also busy dreaming about spring and summer clothing, and right now that includes lots of white shirts for some reason. See below for a few of the images that have been inspiring me.
The arrival of spring has me thinking about white shirts. They’re so classic and elegant, like these for example, worn with black trousers or skirt. (It also seems to help if you wear them unbuttoned a little further than I feel totally comfortable wearing, but I think you can get the same elegance with one or two buttons more….) You could get this look with our Classic Shirt sewing pattern, and feel free to decide where you want to position those buttons and buttonholes.
Pair them with white trousers and they’re equally elegant, I think. I’d wear them with our Hollywood Trousers, for sure.
But for a more casual look, what about a white linen Camp Shirt? This could easily become a terrific summer uniform, I think.
But you wouldn’t have to stick with white linen. The Camp Shirt would be a great summer basic in stripes and florals, too. Aren’t the diagonal stripes fun?
I also love shirts with chest pockets and pocket flaps like the pockets included with our Classic Shirt pattern.
- Speaking of white shirts, here is up-cycling at its finest: using hotel linens to make elegant white shirts.
- We’ve talked about some of the innovative textiles being developed right now, but I didn’t know about a lot of these textiles coming from foods we eat.
- Add Ann Lowe to your list of talented American designers, where she clearly belongs.
- Need a little fashion inspiration in your life? You might admire the individual style of Chinatown.
- Speaking of individual style, leave it to New Yorkers to express themselves in such unique ways.
- The changes made to the decor of the Oval Office over the years is quite interesting, I think.
- I don’t know about you, but I am so ready to dress up again! Apparently a lot of designers think we’re all going to be ready after all this time spent at home.
Have a wonderful weekend, and be sure to visit next week for our new pattern previews.