I’m scrambling to finish up a few important bits of work before S and I fly to Belgium for her spring break next week. We’re on our way to visit Giulia and her family. (Remember Giulia? She has three boys now and recently moved to Brussels after Eritrea and a few years in India.) I plan to take S to Antwerp and probably Ghent (and maybe Bruges if it’s not too touristy). But stay tuned because next week while I’m gone we’ll be previewing all our new spring patterns, so be sure to visit every day to see them. I’m really excited to finally share them! Here are a couple teaser images to pique your interest.
Isn’t this thumb hole great? (We have a tutorial for another version here, by the way.) Also, the sleeve in this photo reminds me of our Afternoon Tea Blouse, for which the sew-along will continue (and finish) next week.
I keep meaning to try this beautiful finishing detail the next time I sew a t-shirt. Also, isn’t this mending great? It reminds me of kintsugi, but a textile form.
The stripes on this sundress are gorgeous, aren’t they? I wonder if you could do something similar with our Lisette for Butterick B6661 sundress. And speaking of stripes, the vertical/horizontal combination on this shirt are so striking. You could easily do this with our Classic Shirt, or the All Day Shirt for men.
I can’t wait until the weather warms up a little! It feels like Christmas again when I unpack my seasonal clothes, and I can get out my Classic Shirt dress. If you want to try it, follow my tutorial for turning the shirt pattern into a dress. And if you want it to look slouchy like the yellow one below, sew it two sizes larger than you usually wear and belt it.
Spring often signals summer haircuts, too! I’ve been growing out my hair recently, but these images popped up on Pinterest the other day and I love them. They reminded me of when I was in high school and got my hair cut in a similar cut. My boyfriend at the time was so horrified he broke up with me because he thought I was too punk! Ah, young love. Tell me your best haircut story, will you?
- I just loved how this young woman took some of her father’s custom suits to be retailored to fit herself after he died. I wonder why they didn’t show full-length views.
- What would Carrie Bradshaw wear today? This is loads of fun.
- So cool! A mother-daughter flight team!
- Simone de Beauvoir on her wardrobe in 1960. I felt like an anthropologist reading this.
- My personal style is so excited about so many of these fall/winter 2019/2020 trends! Maybe I’ll talk about them in a separate post soon.
- Speaking of fall/winter, the Celine collection is really stunning. Right up my alley, at least.
- Have you seen the Make T Something series? These videos are addictive and just the right amount of silly.
- This. Is. Amazing. Especially the versatility. Do you agree?
- I might be a little bit oji and a little bit French Toast. You?
- So pretty!
OK, see you next week with all our big spring pattern reveal excitement. I can hardly wait!