We’re hosting a Neighborhood Sweatshirt + Hoodie sew-along and hope you will join us. We will be kicking it off on Monday, February 18th, and it will run through the first week of March.
Learn more about this style by visiting Liesl’s post introducing the pattern. Need inspiration? Browse our Neighborhood Pinterest Gallery before you start!
For this sew-along, we’re going to slow things down quite a bit. We’ll start off with a week of preparation where Liesl will provide some additional information about gathering your materials, selecting your size, altering the pattern for your shape, etc. We want to make sure you sew the best sweatshirt or hoodie you’ve ever worn, and we’ll walk you through the process to ensure that happens!
The actual sewing will begin on Monday, February 25th. So you’ve got lots of time to purchase your pattern (available in paper or digital format) and fabric before we start.
Here are the details.
- Monday February 18th: Gather Materials
- Tuesday February 19th: Size Selection
- Wednesday February 20th: Pattern Adjustments
- Thursday February 21st: Cutting Fabric
Monday February 25th
- Assemble the Front (View A)
- Assemble the Sleeve (View B)
Wednesday February 27th
- Assemble the Sweatshirt (Both Views)
Friday March 1st
- Assemble and Attach the Hood (View A)
Monday March 4th
- Attach the Hem Band and Sew the Zipper (View A)
Wednesday March 6th
- Finish the Neckline (View A)
- Attach the Neck Band (View B)
Friday March 8th
- Attach the Hem Band (View B)
- Finish the Sleeve Hems (Both Views)
Will you be joining us for the sew-along? Show us your sweatshirts and hoodies by tagging your Instagram photos with #neighborhoodraglan and #lieslandco. We cannot wait to see your makes!
And be sure to order your pattern now so you’re ready to go next week. You can get it in either paper or digital format.
This looks GREAT! Is it a unisex pattern? My husband really likes it!
I REALLY MISS THE variety of rib knit I could get when I was sewing on my kids clothes 15 years ago. Do you know a good source for ribbing for neck/arm bands and bottom bands? I have found some but they seem to light weight so might not work for the heavier French Terry I am using for my sweatshirt. I had a source back east (USA) but can’t seem to find them now.