Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,551 through 5,565 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

looking forward to seeing that top Nicole 🙂
    I haven’t done much sewing The last couple of weeks. Today I’m having another go at getting a properly fitted pair of bathers!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

With a possible free dress day at school on Friday, my eldest has requested a city stroll skirt to wear. So the aim today is to trace the pattern and possibly cut ready to sew. Looks like sewing for me is on the backburner again!

Did you have success at last with fitting the swimsuit @withloveHeidi?

LINK

I’m not sure yet! still trying to find the time to finish it. Luckily the last day of term is tomorrow 🙂

LINK

I’m on to at least my 6th muslin of my bathers top! The band fits well, one side is good and I think the other side is nearly there. It has been a very long frustrating process.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just completed a city stroll wrap skirt for my teen in a size 10! Measured three times and for some reason she didn’t fit the 8😐. Anyway, this one fits well.

I have a women’s metro t shirt cut in a size small to sew next followed by a men’s metro and a pair of short for my ten year old.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished by husbands long waited Liberty shirt, I have only had the fabric for two years. 🙂

I have moved on to a trusty KwikSew polo top for him, in a vibrant green/pink stripe.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I’ve been working on hopscotch dresses. The dog has a death wish. He stole the pattern off my sewing desk, ripped open the envelope and ate a hole in the pattern. Death wish dog.

He’s trying to be sad and apologize. It isn’t working.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

😂@cybele727.

We have a printer paper thief in our house and I stole it back to print out the men’s metro tshirt! Unfortunately I was found out and it was nabbed again! But thankfully the pattern is printed so I can (at last) put it together. But only when I have my hands free from picking up the baby who (sob) wants to stand up😕. It’s just going too fast!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ll bet she looks great in that skirt Tamara.

Last night I made the Lisette 6182 top in z rayon challis and I’ve worn it all day today and love it. I’m also appreciating my lack of boobage. No bust, no alterations, no muslin, just sew! I’ll make the skirt next and then get some pictures.

LINK

I wish no alterations! I think that’s why I sew sew many children’s clothes. Minimal to no alterations 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@lightningmcstitch she does! Modelled pics hopefully this week with of course her neon pink shoes! Thank goodness I went monochrome for this one but I hope to get another made in matching neon pink denim – it is the flavour of the moment 😜!

Alas I had no hands for much of today so tomorrow is going to be frantically busy!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

@lightningmcstitch

Oh the idea of no alterations. I would see all the time for myself if I didn’t have so many curves.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Patterns need to be able to shape shift to fit me also! I don’t think I have ever used a pattern for myself that didn’t involve somesort of alteration – unless it was an accessory.

LINK

I put the Swimsuit aside and sewed up a dolls Tea Pary dress and playsuit! No fitting, much appreciated 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I sense your frustration levels @withloveHeidi. I cut out two metro tshirts – one women’s size small and a men’s size xs. Started sewing the men’s xs in what I thought was knit fabric with 25% stretch – my foot😤😖 and what the HECK did I do to the neckline???? Oh how I do NOT LIKE SEWING WITH STRETCH FABRICS😭😡

Viewing 15 posts - 5,551 through 5,565 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.