Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Snoods sound like a great idea. Isn’t it nice to be able to make one rather than having to look for one in the shops!
    I’m finishing up the trench coat. I’m sewing up the fleece lining I add. then I’ll need to go and get some buttons.
    I started a denim/jeans leaders and enders quilt. I’m surprised at how much I’ve got done just putting one or two sets of squares at the beginning and ending of my lines of sewing. I also enjoying not having many threads to cut off at the beginning and end of my seams.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

It was one of those stupidly baffling sewing tubes things. Should have been as easy as anything. I thought for a moment about looking for an online tute before I started, then thought, nah, how hard could it be…
    Famous last words.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ha! I googled snood tutorials for you @lightningmcstitch and it came up with Hijabs?! But I did find this http://momsbestnetwork.com/diy-infinity-or-circle-scarf-tutorial-aka-the-snood/. I hope this is helpful and you can make lots.

I am in the process of rearranging the sewing area to accommodate a rolling (almost crawling) infant plus the sewing stuff! I hope to get started on something tomorrow, a hood for said infant’s head! Follow that up with many pairs of shorts for a year 7 week long excursion to Ningaloo.

LINK

Thanks Tamara. I had worked it out and the second one took barely 5 mins. The third one my daughter made and wore all day like a giant hairband. Bit like those beautiful African village women wear, only it was light blue velour leftovers, so she looked like an African Elsa!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds extremely exotic! I actually might make some for our speedy trip south in a couple of weeks – even though it was only 14 degrees here today it is much colder south so they may be handy.

I will pay some attention to a shorts pattern tomorrow in order to make six pairs for this camp!

Today was perfect sewing weather – 47mm and still raining woohoo!

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Lightning McStitch, if you close one end of your snood with a hair tie you have a quick beanie. Though this will depend on how deep you made them.
    Snoods are a favourite at our house too but I never knew they had a name!

LINK

That’s a very clever idea @kerrilyn !
    This is how it looks as an oversized hairband:

LINK

And as an extreme face warmer…

LINK

Love the extreme face warmer!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Ha, loving the playing with the snood! I think I’m going to try and crochet a snood once I’ve got a bit further with my crochet blanket.

I’ve just started work on a hide and seek dress for Lady E, my first time sewing this pattern. I’m still avoiding sewing all the other things I have got cut out for some reason! I’m doing some ‘kind of applique’ on the front yoke and centre front panel of the hide and seek dress and have been totally absorbed in doing it. We’re staying at my folks’ house while having some work down on ours, so I’m getting to use my Mum’s Janome!

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

I am finally getting around to sewing the diplomat but I really need to do a FBA and am unsure as to how to proceed. That seam around the bust line and my tiredness are not a good combination. If anyone has done this before and has any words of wisdom I would be grateful. I did start a topic on the lisette site about this.

LINK

Spent a lovely day sewing with a friend. I hadn’t realised we had spent 11 hours sewing until her husband sent their kids to bed!
    I finished the quilt for my husband and did quite a bit on a denim quilt I’m making.
    My lovely friends also went through her “scraps” for me. I came home with 5 shopping bags full including the horse print from Cotton and Steel and some of the firefly fabric, can’t remember the name or designer. I’m looking forward to looking through the rest tomorrow 🙂

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Lucky you, Heidi!! 11 hours-that’s quite a marathon. Hope you had plenty of cuppas to keep you going. I know the Cotton and Steel fabric you mentioned and it should make some lovely stuff. Just finished 3 quilts myself in the last week. All were half completed, and it had become embarrassing that I hadn’t delivered them so a week’s hard work, and some fortuitous Spotlight fabric finds has helped me finish up. Making backings is my least favourite activity but I’m nearly there, too. More quilt tops are needed but clothes are more urgent at this stage. Never enough time, or energy.

LINK

I plan to finish off the winged badminton skirt, just needs wrist straps and ribbon ties. Add A tag to a dress and do the buttons and buttonholes on the trench coat. And go through the bags of fabric from my friend 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am in the process of cutting and sewing six pairs of shorts using a Jalie pdf pattern I put together this morning. They are for Imogen to take on camp and will pass the length test much more so than the current rtw ones! Poor girl can’t help being so tall!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.