Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hugo managed to get some rice cereal into trixie so she slept all evening instead of me feeding all evening
    I got the trousers and skirt made and a Continental blouse made up to setting in the sleeves

I prewashed some lawn to make another trial run for husbands Liberty shirt. He has lost weight so the last one is too baggy now

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

My hubby loves a baggy shirt!! That’s why he won’t let me buy them for him – apparently I get the wrong size.

Glad you were able to get some sewing done Trixie slept well.

Its weighing day here for little Miss Chloe and I have decided that should it be a huge increase, I will start drafting the next sizes in preparation. I am hoping not though as the 3-6 month size don’t look snug and she’s only just started wearing them properly.

Still, it doesn’t hurt to get ahead but I do have heaps to do at present so will get on with that lot first.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Today’s sewing consisted of sewing three Layette shirts in assembly line fashion. I currently have them in the hand sewing basket waiting for their neckbindings to be handstitched down.

I also managed to handsew the lining of the Cape Ann bubble and have also sewn the buttonholes. This is also in the handsewing basket waiting for buttons to go on.

The briar rose bubble is part way ready to have the buttonholes sewn. The lining is half stitched down. I have plans for Chloe to wear this to the spelling bee final (because of the bees hehe) which is on Thursday next week.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Bees at a spelling bee sounds so cute!
    I’ve traced off Jalie 3244, footie pj’s, and a hood from Ottobre. I’m making it in red and black coral fleece, super cozy šŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have just done the buttonholes on the “spelling bee” bubble and will sit down to sew the buttons on. I am currently wrestling with a stubbon self covered button and have to construct its partner. This will go on a denim teaparty dress I made yesterday and finished this morning – the thing is so stiff it stands up by itself! I have already made the self covered buttons for the linen and japanese cotton teaparty I made a few weeks ago. I also have the neck bindings of four lullaby shirts to complete, one of which is actually a top of a pair of Easter pj’s for Chloe.

Then, with the camera charging I will get busy recording photographic evidence of what I have made!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit
    LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Just sewed a cushion cover for the new window seat my husband built last week. Not my favorite sewing task and definitely not my best work, but it is done and serviceable so I’m happy. Getting the fabric from fabric.com, though, was an utter nightmare. I don’t understand how they can make any profit given the rate at which they seem to send items to the wrong address (or perhaps that is a lie they tell customers to cover for the fact that an item hasn’t shipped at all two weeks after the order date). I’m officially done with them!

Moving on to a last-minute Easter get-up for my son – I am doing the Art Museum ensemble out of striped linen to go with a store-bought robin’s egg blue button down shirt. Need to go get cutting!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I hear you Masha, I gave up on Fabric.com after every single order had a mistake!

I finished ‘my’ turn on the rota and on to Jed (my hubby), a lawn floral shirt.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Fabric.com was shocked that there were errors in my shipment. The person claims they rarely have complaints. Every single time I’ve ordered from there’s been a mistake.

Not sure what I’m sewing next. The new moto jacket is mighty tempting.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Zara would like a Moto jacket next time, I am so excited to sew it. I really enjoyed making Hugo’s coat and she wants that wool or the piece Shelley McStitch sent me.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Moto jacket? Linky linkssssss please And thank you.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

I have never had a problem with fabric.com. Always received them in a reasonable time(2 weeks to Australia), appropriately packaged and all fabric labelled correctly.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I was a loyal customer for years, also having never run into the problems I read about. But the last couple orders have had mistakes and this last one took me two emails, a phone call and two weeks to receive. Then they sent me a duplicate order. Which – I don’t need 2.5 extra yards of home dec weight sateen! Maybe I’ll do a blog giveaway šŸ™‚

Yesterday I cut out all the pieces for the boy’s Art Museum ensemble. I managed to get a 3t-with-4-length pair of pants and vest out of one yard of 50+” wide linen and a scrap of chambray for the contrasting bits. This is my fifth vest, fourth ensemble, and I really enjoy sewing those welt pockets on the vest. They are so fun in a stripe or a check since they turn slightly to the diagonal. Hope to finish the vest today and get started on the pants.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve had a fabric.com order fail to arrive. They promptly reshipped it. Another had the wrong fabric in it. They quickly sent the correct fabric and let me keep the other stuff. I would count as one of the “did not complain” customers, but gee that’s a bad business model they’ve got going on.

@motherof5
    that would be a great use of that wool. Tricky if you tried to pattern match along the front seams though….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It just goes to show that even online stores are run by humans!

I am knitting tonight – third time lucky!

In the sewing basket I have still got those shirts. I need to complete the easter bunny pj’s for Chloe and then I need to do a pretty puppet show dress NEED TO!

Then I will make something adult sized and nursing friendly.

That’s this week! By the end of the week I hope to have a basket full of handstitching to do for the following week as I will be away from the machine.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.