Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,906 through 4,920 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

I can’t wait to see the bubble dresses. This little one will be styling. What a blessed baby she will be. One day closer and out of the hospital.
    I am working on a pair of jammies for little girl to wear for “Wear Pajamas to School Day”. They have pandas on them and she is excited.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thankyou ladies! This one will have mummy made things from day one.

I did the buttonholes and the buttons on the little white bubble this morning before the usual Saturday run around (and I was treated to lunch by the hubby as a belated birthday and a thanks to our worker for helping this harvest which incidentally has quite completed for us). So now I am busy catching up on the day’s news, events and sewing.

I want to wash the blue marker out of the bubble before photographing it but it is just too cute! I think I will have to have this one in the hospital bag. 23 days to go…

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

LOL I feel like I am waiting for one of my grands to be born. Justsewit 22 days and counting and not in hospital, Praise God. Blood grand not until May. Hope it is also a girl. I am giving myself the layette pattern for Christmas. I will be borrowing ideas from you and Nicole for this new little.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

With the May weather though you will be heading into Summer right? That will mean lots of little bloomer pants – cool comfortable and very simple to swap over. The layette pattern is truly and fantastic pattern – and it came at a very fortunate time.

I am onto the final bubble today and will hopefully also get the chance to cut out the puppet show outfit to work on during the week.

Then I can photograph all three to show how the use of one pattern can turn out three very different little dresses.

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

Yes, we will going into summer but the mommy likes her air conditioner. LOL I will be making outfits for warm and cool. I also love to use the same pattern to make different looks. Good use of time that way. Can’t wait to see yours. Stay well. Back to work on the pjs for little girl. Did I mention I am a slow sewer. No where as productive as you and Nicole.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@honeymadeit, you are so sweet!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Absolutely, you tickle me pink with such a compliment honeymadeit!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am so gutted! I went to wash the marker out of the little white bubble today and ended up with a horrible yellow mark where the blue marker was! It is currently soaking in napisan and white vinegar. If it doesn’t come out then I shall have to make another one and remove the ribbon from the ruined one to reattach it.

I have a small pile of handsewing sitting next to me right now. We decided to give tennis a miss this afternoon so the basket came home with the things still unstitched. I will add to the pile while working at whittling it down.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I really hope you manage to get the mark out of the bubble dress, I’ve been loving your little wardrobe appearing on flickr!

I’ve finally managed to squeeze in a little bit of sewing while the baby’s in bed. I’ve started a layette outfit and I’m part way through both the blouse and the jacket. I am never working with faux shearling again, horrible! Hopefully it will be a nice cosy wintery lining to the jacket when it’s finished. We shall see!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thankyou dubhels2003, you are kind. But I admit I am having an absolute ball sewing them all. Who doesn’t love sewing baby things?

I think we are getting there with the stain removal! White vinegar is magic stuff! I just can’t understand why it went like that though because I did a test on a piece if that fabric and everything. It came out of the last one I’ve made.

I will go and inspect it shortly in the hope that it can be spun out and dried.

Today though, I want to cut out the puppet show outfit and get on with that. The bubbles just need handstitching so can do this during feet up time this afternoon.

After the puppet show will be the school days jacket and that will probably be it for a while. I have just under three weeks to go and in between is christmas and a flying trip to the city so what ever is yet to be finished will have to land in the handstitching pile pretty fast.

That way I can tidy up the sewing room so it is ready for post baby sewing – whenever I get my baby legs back that is!

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

Justsewit I am glad you have stayed out of the hospital. My internet is messed up so I am checking each day on my phone. Not much data so have to hit and run. Take care of you. Still praying daily.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks honeymadeit!

Now I have news! The white vinegar was a huge success! The white bubble dress has been saved.

So make white vinegar your friend people – when you have stubborn and horrendous yallow marks left from blue fabric marker that is. I am not a fan of clover blue oens after discovering my chaco but I was running out chaco marker so had to get something! So funny how the sample had not marks but the garment itself did.

Oh well, lesson learned.

I am slowing down somewhat, probably due to the schedule becoming rediculously busy. I am still yet to sew buttons and buttonholes on the other two bubble dresses and I haven’t even started on the puppet show outfit. Will squeeze it in somehow.

18 days to go!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I’m sewing a fairy tale dress for Sophie. Sized it up to a 14, and did a sway back adjustment. Made a couple of muslins of the top only. The fashion fabric is Chinese brocade so I decided to add a circle skirt rather than the gathered one. Lazily decided not to find the pattern instructions and have been enjoying the challenge. Which has worked well until the invisible zip…

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m back to having another go at my shorts muslin. This one is an improvement but I’d say I’ve got at least 2 muslins to go to be really happy with the fit.
    I’m also sewing up another messenger bag for Mum for Christmas 🙂

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Finally finished mum’s messenger bag! And I’ve worked out what pattern to base Hermione’s ball dress off 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 4,906 through 4,920 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.