Oliver + S

Sewing for Yourself

Alteration to Butterick B6386 sewing pattern

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

I would love to be able to make a high neck hoodie, so that the hood closes up higher (like a small collar), using the Lisette for Butterick B6386 sewing pattern. Any advice on how to do that?

I already tried something on a pull-over hoodie and it turned out so badly I had to completely redo the hood and give up the idea. It simply didn’t work without the zipper.

Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Does our Liesl + Co Neighborhood Hoodie help?

LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

Partially it does (the hood is made up of 3 pieces, instead of one). For the neck, I’ve attached a couple of images of what I’m aiming for. Zipped hoodie with high neck hood - front view

and

Zipped hoodie with high neck hood - Lateral view

Thank you!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, you’re looking for more like a funnel neck. You could measure the neck and cut a tube/rectangle to be the same length as the neckline. That’s where I’d start.

LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

The tube idea is great, thank you. I’m gonna try it for my next project with this pattern.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.