Oliver + S

Sew Alongs

Afternoon Tea Blouse problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Barbara @ReginaLiz

Hello! I did the Afternoon Tea Blouse sew-along and it was such a great experience! Between the sew-along tips and the wonderful pattern instructions, I had fun making my most challenging pattern to date and my “wearable muslin” turned out great!

Except – it’s snug, no, *tight* right across the stripes. I believe I made the correct size after consulting with Liesl, and it seems to fit well otherwise. I made the D-cup which is what I wear, and after trying it on and realizing the problem, I pulled each of the “stripe” pattern pieces and verified that my finished stripe pieces are all the correct size after seam allowances. Guess I’m not experienced enough to know how else to “troubleshoot” this!

I made only 2 adjustments to the pattern, lowering the shoulder seams 1/4″ for my *very* sloping shoulders (I usually lower shoulder seams 1/2 to 3/4″) and a swayback adjustment.

Does anybody have any ideas regarding what happened and how I can fix it? I fear that the next larger size would be too big thru the chest and torso – and may not be enough to resolve the tightness at the stripe level. I’m OK with my “wearable muslin” not being really wearable, but would like to make another one out of nicer fabric!

Thank you so much for any advice you can share!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Can you post some photos for us? That might help. If it’s easier, you can ask for advice at the Liesl + Co Friends Facebook group, too. More people are active there these days.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.