Oliver + S

Fiber Club!

What do you watch while you craft?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I found this interesting thread:

What’s your favorite movie to knit to?

after searching for good movies or shows to watch while knitting. My Netflix queue is split into more serious films to which I’d like to give my full attention, and stuff I think might be good for my daughter but that won’t be in the kiddie section of Netflix (like the incredible Andy Goldsworthy doc, Rivers & Tides).

While I’m knitting I tend to prefer older shows, for some reason. I watched all of Doc Martin and all of Midsomer Murders — neither show a brain-bender, but both appealing on some very basic level, almost like that feeling you get when you’re driving home at night and people’s lamplit windows look like tiny kitchen-sink drama theater stages and you feel curious about the lives happening there.

What kinds of things do you like to watch?

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Oh a real mixture! Series like Homeland, Broadchurch, Great British Bake Off, old films that no one else in my house wants to watch(!). Also if watching with my husband, things like Mad Men, which we love. Those clothes!!! I love Peggy and Joan is so curvaceous I can’t take my eyes off her! If I’m knitting something complex, I watch lighthearted stuff so it doesn’t matter if I miss something. Cookery shows, Great British Sewing Bee, of course! Absolutely adore Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Carnivale, Sopranos etc. And, I’m ashamed to admit, Breaking Bad.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Don’t be ashamed! That show has some really good writing. It never really ‘grabbed’ me but I could appreciate the workmanship that went into. I like pretty much everything on your list, so I’ll have to check out the few I don’t watch already. Have you seen Top of the Lake? I don’t think I could knit through it, it’s too wrenching, but if you can handle knitting through Homeland it shouldn’t bother you.

Oh, and how about The Bletchley Circle? The costumes aren’t fancy, but they’re period, and the sweaters they wear really make me want to knit.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Top of the Lake- I saw that somewhere- is it Netflix? I’ll have a look at that. Thanks, Sarvi.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Bump!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.