Oliver + S

Which size should I cut for my Maritime top

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

I’m going to start my first maritime top, and I’m not sure about the size I should cut. My bust measurement (36”) points to an 8, but I was considering the possibility of enlenghten it a couple of inches to make it reach my hips, that are not an 8, but a 10 or 11…(40 1/2”). I have never mixed two sizes in a pattern. How should I do it? Where should I begin to move to the 10 size line? Or should I cut directly a 10? I’m afraid that it results too dropped at the shoulders.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

This is my favorite top pattern! I wear the size 18 and it hits right betweeny hips and waist. If you length it I would use the 8 for the top with drafting a curved shape to the size 10 at the hips for coomfort. If you have the Cappacino (this pattern is shaped just like like this) pattern you could use it and mesh the top of the marine time to the bottom of the Cappacino. Both patterns are my most worn knit tops ever.

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Thank you for your help!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Your very welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.