Oliver + S

What size to make?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Jeanette @JeanettePerry

Im struggling to decide what size to make. I usually make a size 8 with a 3/4” FBA with Liesl +co patterns. My high bust is 36″ and full bust 38.5″ and I wear an E cup. The finished measurement for an 8 is given as 42″ so there is obviously a lot of positive ease. I dont what the dress to be too loose fitting so Im wandering whether to make a 4 or 6 (finished measurements 40″ and 41″ respectively) with a FBA or make an 8 and skip the FBA. Any input gratefully received. Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Jeanette.
    LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi Jeanette, I’ve only muslined this one,but I went with my regular size an added an FBA. There is a looser silhouette, but I don’t think it will hang right without the FBA. What have other folks experienced? It’s not the answer you’re looking for, but my advice is to make a muslin.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I went with my normal L&C size, too. I found it just right. I am a D and skipped the FBA, first by accident, but it worked out well so I didn’t bother with it the other times, either. I suggest a muslin, also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.