Oliver + S

Waistband not fitting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Mandy @Mandyktmade

Hi Liesl,

I’m making the Garibaldi Skirt in size 12 with pockets and waistband. I’m having trouble fitting the waistband to the skirt. The notches don’t line up and the band appears to be approx 1 1/2 inches too short. I only printed the size 12. I even used the patterns to try and line up in case it was a cutting or sewing error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mandy

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for your patience while I’ve been out on medical leave. Hmm, can you posts photos so we can try to troubleshoot for you? Which view are you sewing: View A with the pockets and waistband?

LINK
    Lara @lara

I had the same issue as Mandy with size 12, view A. Waistband was 1.5 inches too short.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m checking the pattern and it measures exactly the same as the skirt waist. Could it be that you cut the wrong size facing? Or maybe the fabric stretched? The facing measures exactly the same as the waist for all the sizes…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.