Oliver + S

Voile seam finishes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    housecall @housecall

I just finished my first roller skate tunic. I used a white voile for the lining. I’m just wondering how others are finishing the seam allowances for the lining? The pattern doesn’t mention a specific manner, but the voile frays like crazy. French seams or something else for this type of fabric?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I use French seams. A little tricky at the casings, but I trim them carefully inside the casings. Or, use regular seam above the casing and transition to French seams below. After the fact, you could sort of wrap them under and stitch to secure them, or fold them inside each other in a sort of faux French seam.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would probably do French seam, but serged is probably fine. O would check with some scraps.

LINK
    Nicole Kaczorek @niczorek

I have a question, too. I used a similar lining. Everything looked great on the top with wrong side to wrong side. However, the seams were facing upward on the skirt. So that if the lining show a bit it would be all rough edges. Is that your experience and why you were concerned about finishing the edges? Or did your raw edges also face up?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.