Oliver + S

Up sizing the Popover Sundress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Hi there, I would really like some help grading the Popover to a Size 10. I checked in the current topic thread, and noticed that Heidi asked Liesl about Sizes 10 and 12 a year ago. Have I missed something, and the larger sizes are out there?

If not, I notice you ladies refer to upgrading quite often; it’s not a term I’m familiar with but I’m guessing you mean actually making the pattern bigger (or smaller) than it’s actually printed. I alter patterns for length etc within sizes but I don’t have the knowledge to change the curves etc.

Having looked at the finished measurements of the PS compared to the body measurements, there is about 2″ ease at chest. I can lengthen the dress, and add a 1/2 ” to the centre back/front to make a size 8 wide enough for a size 10 but I have no idea how to do a decent job of changing the armhole.

I’ve been meaning to ask this forum about tips/ sources of knowledge for how to grade patterns up but if anyone can help me specifically about the Popover, I would appreciate it enormously as I have to make a size 10 before Xmas.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

No, the Popover was never released in the larger sizes 🙁

I think I had a thread with two tutorials I used regularly when enlarging.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Here’s the link https://oliverands.com/forums/topic.php?id=1557#post-10860

It includes the main tutorial I used. Good luck 🙂

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you Heidi, I appreciate your help, and the promptness of your reply. I shall see what I can do, and let you know. F

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I just checked the blog with multisize pattern altering instructions, H. After a couple of reads, it makes good sense. Shouldn’t be too hard on a simpler one like the PS. Thank you again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.