Oliver + S

Stretch fabric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

I’d like to make the bedtime pjs in a stretch fabric. My three are getting fussy about comfort and are starting to reject my gorgeous cotton pjs in favour of a super cheap pair they’ve been bought. Hmph.

Has anyone done this? Is it still possible to do the neck binding and ties in stretch?

Liesl Gibson

We made the PJs in our new City Weekend knits for Moda, which will be coming out in September. The pattern worked well with knits. You can see a photo of them here, on the right side of the page:

We used woven fabric for the binding and ties, which I think works better than using a knit for those particular pieces. They might get a little bulky and distorted in knit. I hope it works out for you!

littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Beautiful examples, Liesl. I have been and begged my local fabric shop!

I’ll have a go as soon as I can. Thanks x

ncllnn @ncllnn

I made Bedtime PJ’s in fleece, they turned out very nice, I was afraid they would be HOT but we live in a very old house with poor insulation and my little actually slept a full night for once.

cowboy pj

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2018. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.