Oliver + S

Something wrong with the epattern? (Tip for taping PDFs)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    SewFrancis @SewFrancis

Is anyone having trouble piecing together the e pattern for the weekend getaway blouse? I am BANGING my head against a wall here. I either lost two pages or something is very wrong.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

What seems to be the trouble?

It’s probably a good idea to put all the pages of each pattern piece in place before you start trimming and taping. That way you can see if anything’s missing.

Maybe take a picture of what you’ve got and post a Flickr link here.

Good luck

LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

I had a page for the back center that printed out completely black. Maybe yours printed out white? Besides that I had no problems. Can you look at the saved pattern (on the computer) and see if you have everything? Also, there are more papers to print out if you are doing the dress, maybe some of the blouse pages are mixed up in there?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Can you specify what the problem is? Which pieces do you think are missing? Others have made the blouse so there don’t seem to be missing pages, and if you can post a photo of what you’ve got we might be able to help identify where the trouble is.

LINK
    Blondey @Blondey

I am so glad I am not the only one that was confused with this. I too had two pages missing, or so I thought. I reprinted (all 40 pages) and still had two missing. I laid them out on the floor to photograph…..and noticed two pages with strange markings on them. All became clear, there are two pages you have to cut in half lengthways. Don’t ask me what pages please because that bit I can’t remember but if you check the number/letters you match up all will become clear.

LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

I used to find it so confusing that O&S e-patterns are this way. Now what I do is go ahead and make a stack of all the pattern pieces numbered 1…and 2 and so forth and when necessary, cutting the page if there are parts of 2 separate pattern pieces on it. Once I get all my numbers stacked, then I start taping and cutting.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

That’s a great tip. I’ll edit the subject line to make your tip easier for others to find.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.