Oliver + S

Sleeve seam finish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Nancy @nancys

I’m making the lullaby layette body suit. Just got to the sleeves. What sleeve finish do you sewist out there use for sleeves? I used French seams for the shoulders but it seems impossible (for me at least) to do that for the sleeves so what’s the next choice? I already sewed them. Do you flat fell them, Hong Kong finish, pink them? Other?
    Thanks!!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

You can do anything! I have French seamed the whole lullaby layette and it’s fiddly but definitely doable.
    Baby clothes don’t get worn as many times as big clothes but they do get more washing per wear so I guess the finish needs to be somewhat durable.
    A simple Zig zag stitch would be perfect.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

I ended up flat felling them. But I am inspired by you and another person who said she French seamed them so maybe next time.
    I did French seam all the other seams. Zig zag just never makes me happy. Maybe I’m not doing it right? It always ends up fraying some and looking messy. (I don’t have a serger.)
    Thanks for your input!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.