Oliver + S

shoulder seams on yoke dont match up when seams are sewn up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    mchats @mchats

My shoulder seams on the yoke match up before they are sewn together, but when I sew the front shoulder to the back yoke shoulder and open them up I no longer have a round neck edge because the ends dont meet. Maybe this is one of the patterns where they talk about the errata on the blog site, but I can’t find out where the errata is

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I believe I had to sew the yoke starting in the middle and working my way around… then coming back to the middle and sewing the other direction. I am normally not a pinner when it comes to pinning things together before sewing a seam, but I recall that I pinned the yoke to death – seems like I had 20+ pins or so! Another idea (and probably what I’d do next time) is to hand-baste it in place first then stitch it by machine starting from the middle again.

I didn’t see that this pattern had any errata.

LINK
    brittgamble @brittgamble

They dont match up. You start by match the yoke to the dress at centre front and centre back then pin from there. It leaves the seams slightly off to avoid bulk on the shoulders. Yes you end up using a lot of pins but its worth it for the end result.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.