Oliver + S

Sewing on the button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    aprilshowers @aprilshowers

At the end of this pattern it says to go to the blog to find directions for sewing on the button with a thread shank. I’m sure I can google for another set of directions but if Liesl has a specific way of doing it, I’d love to read it. Does anyone know where this info is on the oliverands website? I couldn’t find it in either the tutorials or on the blog but my search ability isn’t the best.

Thanks!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

http://oliverands.com/blog/2010/09/thread-chain-tutorial.html

Here you go. It’s labelled “thread chain”. It’s way easier to do than it looks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m sorry for the delay on that post. I filmed a great tutorial with CreativeBug last year, and we’re hoping to post it to the site. It’s taken longer to manage the logistics than we had expected. But if you’d like to view it (it’s free!) on CreativeBug, here is a link:

http://www.creativebug.com/workshops/sewing-buttonholes-and-buttons

You’ll need to sign up to view it (I think?), but the workshop itself is free. The button instructions themselves start at about 5:20. And the thread chain is the link that Robin pointed to, above. I hope that helps!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I gotta learn how to read. Sorry about that.

LINK
    aprilshowers @aprilshowers

Awesome, thanks to both of you! I absolutely LOVED this pattern. I’ve never made a lined dress before and it was kind of mind-blowing to see how it was done. Even though the pattern is only 2 scissors (and I agree it was very simple to make) I still learned so much!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

It is a fantastic pattern. This method of lining a sleeveless dress works for many other patterns too. I first learned it from Threads magazine and now use it all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.