Oliver + S

Roller Skate Dress in Lace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Maggie @MaggieH.

Hello! I’m thinking of making a roller skate dress in lace, using lace as the main fabric and solid as the lining. It would be similar to this lovely dress from Skirt as Top, but would include the elastic casing. I would lower the casing a few inches to hit at the natural waist. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for sewing the casing so that the elastic isn’t visible through the sheer lace. Should I make a separate casing strip to sew to the inside of the dress, so that the elastic would be behind both the lace and lining? Thank you for any guidance!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

That’s exactly how I’d do it. You’re not wanting it to be reversible so a casing applied to the inside of the lining is spot on.
    I made a Roller Skate dress with sequins and did just that. Once the casing and elastic were sewn to the lining, I just hand stitched / tacked the sequin fabric to the lining along the stitching line.
    It will look fabulous!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

That will be so pretty! I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

LINK
    Maggie @MaggieH.

Thank you for your help, @lighteningmcstitch! I just checked out your mermaid dress – it is amazing. And thank you, @lieslgibson ! It will be a gift for my friend. I’m a little nervous, as I’ve never sewn with lace before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.