Oliver + S

Raising V neck on Amarena dress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Marsha Ronald @Marsha

I have a short shoulder to bust length and may need to raise the V neck a bit. Will I also need to modify the shawl collar? If I raise the neckline 1” should the collar be shortened by 2” ? Retaper the center front points?

Thanks so much for your advice. I can’t wait to start on this new design.
    Marsha

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If you raise the V-neck (which you can absolutely do, no problem) you’ll want to shorten the collar at the center back so it fits correctly. Again, easy to do–just measure at the seam line and shorten at the back seam by the same amount. I hope that helps!

LINK
    Savta50 @savta50

I will try this way of shortening the collar in order to raise the v-neck. So, I will also have to adjust the facing at centre back by same amount, right? Then what about matching shoulder seams and notches? (Sorry if this should be obvious!)

I’m also having trouble handling all the bulk at the point of the neck: dress front, wrong side of collar, interfacing, right side of collar (all of this X2) and then the neck facing and its interfacing. First time around I ended up with a big lump! Trying again, so any pointers would be appreciated.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, you’ll do the same with the facing.

You’ll definitely want to trim some of the bulk from the neckline as you go, yes. That’s where the basting stitches come in handy, to help you line up everything to the point of the V neck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.