Oliver + S

Proper Sizing for busty girl??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So looking at the enmore, the upper bust sizing puts me at a 10.

Full bust? 18. But no way am I that wide in the shoulders.

So the 10 would be the better fit.. except..

While tons of ease? How much is there for purposes of the more buxom of us?

Also my cup size is more an F/G than a D.

Do I need an FBA on the D cup shelf? Would that effect the exterior of the dress? Do I FBA that too?

LINK
    Erica @Erica

Usually shoulder width is more related to upper bust measurement rather than full bust measurement, but everyone’s body is unique! Does this description of the Liesl+Co sizing help? https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2013/11/finding-your-correct-pattern-size.html

There is a shelf lining pattern piece included for pattern cup size D (not to be confused with bra cup size D). The gathered bodice appears to work for all the included cup sizes (A/B, C and D). Size 10D generally would be for someone with an upper bust measurement of 37 1/2 inches and a full bust measurement of 41 1/2 inches (4 inch difference). If your full bust measurement is 44 inches, then you would probably want a FBA for at least the lining. You could measure the bodice pattern piece to see if the included gathering would give you enough ease, but making a muslin would confirm it.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Erica, thanks for your reply! And indeed, since this style doesn’t have shoulders I wouldn’t worry about that. Look at the bust measurement. If you need to do a full bust adjustment for the shelf bra you could also add room through the front (maybe just move the fold line out a bit from the fold to keep things easy), and the shelf bra will keep it from gaping. This is a pretty straightforward style, really.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.