Oliver + S

Pattern pieces not matching up…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    CLee @CLee

When I printed the pattern out, correctly the 1″ square is 1″, the pieces don’t seem to match up. If I match up the circles with the letter and number then those squares end up being roughly 1″ wide and 1 3/8″ long. If I make the squares 1″ square the circles do not match up. Trying to figure out which way is the correct way to match things up to ensure it all fits together correctly once I cut it out and start sewing. Help!!!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I think you might be assembling the pages incorrectly. You don’t overlap the circles. Those are just present to show you which pieces to join. You join the pieces at the grid lines. So your grids should never overlap.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I haven’t pieced that one but I have others, if your still having issues I could get a photo up for you of one I’ve done.

LINK
    CLee @CLee

I’d appreciate a photo to make sure I’m doing this right!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Here’s the latest digital pattern I’ve been working with, it is the back of the puppet show dress. Hopefully you can see how the circles are next to one another not on top. Once you get the hang it’s pretty easy. Enjoy the pattern!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/11059853075/

LINK
    CLee @CLee

Thanks! That helped and I appreciate you posting the photo for me. Other patterns I’ve printed out used the circles or other marks like that to be lined up so it confused me a little, but I’m a lefty so sometimes things like that “confuddle” me. LOL Other things I get in a snap. :oD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.