Oliver + S

Pattern pieces for front of jacket – Grainlines not matching.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    lillypilly @lillypilly

I have printed out the Size A0 pattern pieces and traced onto some trace and toil and am ready to cut out the fabric.

However my Size 1 piece doesn’t match up with the grain line arrow on my Size 4 piece – D cup.

What am I doing wrong I wonder? The Centre Front line matches but not the grain line arrow. Apart from that it looks correct.

I am an advanced beginner.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

It could be that the pieces have not been tiled together correctly. Can you upload photos?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi @lillypilly I use Trace and Toile all the time too.
    You know what I often find is I accidentally have a piece of tracing upside down, then the grain lines don’t match!
    For that reason I always trace the wording on the pattern piece as well

LINK
    lillypilly @lillypilly

I think I’ve worked it out. The grain lines for pattern piece #1 only match for the A/B pattern piece #2 not the C cup ie #3 or D ie #4. The centre line matches so I am sure it will be fine.

My fist message was very confusing I should have written.

However my Pattern piece #1 doesn’t match up with the grain line arrow on my Pattern piece #4 – D cup.

Thanks @todd and @ Ligtning McStitch for your suggestions.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Oh, I see what you are saying now.

Yes, the center lines should match up on all pieces. The grain lines are just for indication of how to place the pattern piece on your fabric. They don’t need to match up exactly between pieces. As long as they are pointing in the same direction on both pieces (which they do) you’ll be fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.