Oliver + S

pattern help?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m curious: has anyone here ever contacted a pattern company with questions about a particular pattern before? If so, what pattern company, and what sort of response did you get? Was someone there able to answer technical sewing questions? I’d love to hear your experiences.

LINK
    Vanessa @Vanessa

I called one of the Big 3 companies several years ago because I didn’t understand how they wanted the placket to work on the garment. I’m pretty sure it was McCall’s. I did actually talk to a live person who tried to help me, but I still never understood how they meant for it to go together. I ended up doing it a different way which worked out fine. I should go back and look at that pattern and see if I can figure it out now.

I think that’s the only time I’ve ever called a pattern company directly.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks, Vanessa. It’s never occurred to me to contact a pattern company for help, but I noticed on a dress pattern I just purchased for myself (it’s a Simplicity pattern that looked really cute and that I’ll never have time to sew…) that they list a phone number and email address. I was curious whether they are able to answer questions, especially with huge volume of patterns they produce.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I had issues with a significant error on a Simplicity pattern once (it was a few years back). I e-mailed the company because I had wasted time, fabric and money and the error could not be remedied.

They responded with sending me three FREE vouchers towards any Simplicity pattern. I still have one voucher left somewhere around here. How ironic that I only remember their good customer service response and not the pattern that actually caused me the trouble.

LINK
    Vanessa @Vanessa

Liesl-

I only called them when I realized there was a phone number printed on the pattern and because I was so confused. I’m not sure I’d call now, though, because there are so many excellent tutorials for things on the web, and I am a much better visual learner.

They definitely did try to help, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.