Oliver + S

Marking the markings–argh!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I have been meaning to try carbon paper but haven’t done it yet. I do have a tracing wheel inherited from my grandmother and I find that for a lot of fabrics, I can just trace over the pattern onto the fabric, without any carbon paper or other ink-leaving device, and the divots left by the wheel are deep enough for me to see the line when I am cutting (this only works if I cut immediately after I trace each piece but that is how I usually do things anyway).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Gals, any tips for marking wool? I’m off to google tailor’s tacks in the meanwhile.

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

I always use tailor’s tacks for marking on wool. I have a spool of vintage thread from my late grandmother’s haberdashery stash that is quite thick but also very silky and it is my go to option for this task.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ok, good tip — I have some thread a bit like that in a bright color I don’t often use — will try it, thanks!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Tailor’s tacks, baby! But you already figured that out.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I sometimes use tailor’s tacks and sometimes use tailor’s chalk. Depending on the fabric, they can both work.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.