Oliver + S

Making the top into a t-shirt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I don’t know who mentioned that one could use the back twice to make this a t -shirt. I did this today, simply cutting one of the pieces with a deeper neckline to make a front piece. The result is great!

This is my new favorite t-shirt pattern. Actually, I’m making winter pjs. (Yes, getting a bit ahead of myself in July. These were requested by a friend.)

Anyway, thanks for the tip and if you haven’t tried it, give it a whirl.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I hope it’s in the Flickr group so I can have a look 🙂 I think Nicole made the first ones I saw for her twins and she also recommend doing it In response to a question I asked recently.

Maggie, how much did you shorten the neck binding by?

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I will post when it is done. I had a quick fitting with the little girl today and am ready to finish up. I did the binding by pinning roughly in place and then shortening the piece by an inch. This worked and was very straight forward.

I also went up a size since I wanted the pjs to be comfy and fit for two years (maybe).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.