Oliver + S

LunchBox Tee View B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Mmollett @Mmollett

Two questions:
    1) Is there a hem allowance for view B? I seem to have overlooked them in the instructions (is it just the same as for View A)

2) Currently, the shirt seems short. She is at the upper end of the 4 so admittedly I didn’t want to buy the next size up right now but in general does this run somewhat a “crop” length? Thanks!

Martha

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Mmollett.
    LINK
    Mmollett @Mmollett

Here she is with it unhemmed: https://flic.kr/p/R2uJoN

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Mmollett.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The t-shirt is a boxy, cropped style. It’s very stylish especially when teamed with the culottes. But not, I found, on a little girl who insisted on wearing her skirts or pants with the front waistband pulled down below a toddler belly. Ugh.
    I’m not sure about the hem length without getting the pattern out, but imagine it would be the same for both t-shirt views.
    I love the t-shirt you’ve made, and I think it could be hemmed and not be indecently short.

LINK
    Mmollett @Mmollett

Yes my daughter wears her pants below her tummy I thought it was because she had abdominal surgery last summer but perhaps it’s just a preference thing now that you say that! We may just layer it with a tank.
    Thanks so much!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry for the silence! Yes, the hem for both views is the same allowance. Like Lightning says, it’s a short boxy style. It looks darling on her! It also depends on what you’re wearing with it. The cropped length looks great with the culottes, but it might be on the short side for other styles. It’s all about the silhouette, right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.