Oliver + S

Lullaby layette fabric

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Nancy @nancys

I want to make a layette outfit. I don’t see flannel listed as a fabric choice. Would it would be ok?

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I think flannel would work fine, particularly for the jacket and pants. It might make for a somewhat stiffer/less drapey top or bodysuit.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Thanks for your feedback! I think I agree…unless I could get
    A very lightweight flannel, I guess. I’m looking at other fabrics now.

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Hi, Nancy I have made many of the jackets, using quilting cotton for one side and various fabrics for the reverse – linen-cotton (Essex), lightweight tartan brushed shirting (poly/cotton), sweatshirt fleece, french terry, cotton interlock, and cotton ponte. When I use a heavier fabric, I trim the shoulder darts so that the bulk is reduced. I’ve used quilting cotton, cotton lawn and a fine brushed cotton shirting for the bodysuit.I hope you find the perfect fabric for your project.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Thank you for your input!!!
    I just ordered some Swiss dot chambray which is described as below from PurlSoho. I hope it works out for the bodysuit and pants. I’m having a hard time because I always buy fabric from my local fabric store where I can feel and see it! But we’re on shelter in place here in San Francisco. Wish me luck please!

Description…Who can resist a Swiss Dot? And on beautiful cotton chambray, these Swiss Dots are particularly irresistible! Robert Kaufman’s Swiss Dots Chambray collection is begging to be made into adorable clothing, timeless quilts and anything else totally sweet!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.