Oliver + S

Long sleeves for Fairytale Dress

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Hi!
    I love the tulip sleeves on the Fairytale Dress and have a beautiful version of that. But for the Holy Communion of my eldest, I thought about long sleeves – the churches are not heated very much due to Covid, and April can still be quite cold here in Germany.
    Do you have an idea where I could find a pattern for long sleeves fitting into the Fairytale Dress? Do the sleeves from the Building Blocks Book fit?
    Thank you for any advice!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi,
    Whenever I want the sleeves from one pattern and the body from another I just take the armhole with the sleeve
    Say, for example you wanted the Book Report sleeve on the Fairy Tale dress: trace the Book Report bodice/upper dress part and lay that tracing over the Fairy Tale bodice. Try and line up centre fronts and/or shoulder and side seams. They won’t all line up because of different wearing ease, but essentially you’re tracing the Book Report armhole into the place where the Fairy Tale armhole is.
    Then just use this new pattern piece (Fairy Tale bodice with Book Report armhole) along with the Book Report sleeve pattern piece.
    Cheers,
    Shelley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.