Oliver + S

Little Red Riding Hood for 15 month old

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    totterwalker @totterwalker

I bought Little Things To Sew specifically for this pattern but my daughter is only 15 months so I was disappointed to see the smallest pattern size is medium. I decided that I couldn’t wait until she was four to try to make it so I read Liesl’s tutorial on pattern altering (Thanks, Liesl!) and I went for it! I shortened it by about 3 inches, moved up the arm holes and made the hood smaller. I think it turned out mostly OK!

I posted a picture of it in the flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28232975@N08/9564872769/in/pool-oliverands

I haven’t stitched the arm holes closed yet because I’m actually considering going back and leaving a bigger opening for them. My girl is at the age where she wants full motion of her arms and is not keen on keeping them by her sides. I’m imagining this to be a simple fix but maybe I’m missing something… any ideas or suggestions?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I wouldn’t think it’d be difficult, but I think it might not be necessary. My daughter has always gotten her arms fully through the holes with no issue. It’s a very pretty cape!

LINK

Thanks, @sayiamyou. I did end up making them a bit bigger and I’m really glad I did. It wasn’t that she had trouble fitting through them, they were a bit far down- closer to her waist and she likes to be able to have full motion. I just opened them up another couple of inches and she is much happier. I’m sure I’m only having this issue because I ended up shortening the pattern and moving the arm holes in the first place. But it worked in the end! Whew!

Here is a pic of the wider arm holes – http://www.flickr.com/photos/28232975@N08/9577690947/

It’s not the greatest shot but you can see how well she can raise her arms in it.

Thanks again!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Totter, I think you have done brilliantly. Your toddler looks really sweet, and the cape doesn’t look “too” big at all. It will look wonderful over winter clothes.

LINK

Thanks, Needlewoman! Now we just have to wait for the fall weather!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

You’re welcome! In Oz, we are waiting for Spring which is just starting to emerge but still mostly cold and grey in Adelaide.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Ah, I see now! I wasn’t thinking about her little arms having to reach into the holes. Clever you. She’s a dolly!

LINK

Thanks sayiamyou!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.