Oliver + S

Liberty Tana on sale

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • LINK
    Jane @jesims

I learned the quality fabric lesson the hard way. Last summer I made a jump rope dress for my little one in a cheap WalMart quilting cotton. I adored the dress but it drove me nuts when she wore it because the minute she moved it was full of wrinkles. All that time spent on a dress that I only put on her once or twice because I couldn’t stand to see her a wrinkled mess all day long. Now I spend the money on better quality fabrics and get more use out of the handmade things.

Jane

LINK
    MimmySews @MimmySews

I have also used the Lisette Line from Joann’s which I presume Liesl has something to do with. They are lighter than quilting cotton and have a nice feel, without being extra expensive. I wouldn’t call them a lawn, but close. Great for pattern testing if you don’t want to cut into that $30 Liberty and you have a cute outfit to boot! You have to be careful, because the Joann’s close to me will put them right next to their poly “fashion fabrics.”

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.