Oliver + S

Lengthening Jump Rope

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Clairemichel @Clairemichel

Would love some guidance on lengthening the Jump Rope dress – View A (so the shortsleeved version). Am making a size 5, and plan to lengthen both the bodice and skirt to a size 6 to accommodate my daughter’s height.
    Should I also lengthen the sleeves, button placket, etc to keep things proportional? Not sure if it really matters since there isn’t a huge difference between the sizes?
    In the past, I’ve always just sewn straight sizes, but after a recent growth spurt I need to start adjusting the patterns.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi @clairemichel , this is a nice,easy one to add length to.
    You’ll see that in view A both the bodice and the skirt have straight sides so you can simply add length at the bottom of each pattern piece.
    I have a long torso’ed daughter and find it’s easier to guesstimate how much extra length she needs and add that. If you try and lengthen to the next size, you’ll notice that the length on the drafted pattern for the bodice is added at both the shoulder height and the waist hem. Bit trickier than just adding an arbitrary cm or two at the hem.
    The way the belt loops are sewn in won’t change. Just extend those straight lines down and make each piece longer. Easy peasy.

LINK
    Clairemichel @Clairemichel

Thanks very much! Appreciate your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.