Oliver + S

Layering the Nature Walk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I was wondering about the creation of this pattern. Since it’s called a pullover I assume it was designed intentionally to be worn over another shirt? When creating the sizing, was it meant to be a fitted pullover or something similar to the Ice Cream dress? The 2T in fleece that I made for my daughter works well (it has some stretch to it), but the one I just made in quilting cottons is a bit snug over a t-shirt.

I’m hoping to layer this over Hopscotch shirts through fall and winter so I’ll have to size up to 3T. Does this sound right? I don’t think she’s particularly ‘poochy’ in the belly, but maybe that’s causing some fit issues? She wears the 2T in the Hopscotch, 2+2, and Sailboat just fine.

Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hi Maraya,

We didn’t put a ton of ease into that pattern. I wanted it to look slim and neat while still fitting over a T-shirt, but for the smaller children this might mean sizing up a bit to fit over a little belly. You might also want to size up if it’s going to be worn over more than a T-shirt. I was thinking of it as more of a casual shirt than an outerwear piece. And, like you pointed out stretchy fabrics will probably mean that you don’t need to size up at all. I hope that helps!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m glad you explained this, Liesl, because I was wondering the same thing. I haven’t made any yet but plan to soon.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Thanks, Liesl! My girl seems to get warmed up very easily, like her Daddy, so a layering piece is what I have in mind for the pullover right now. Something light enough for extended riding (without the bulk of a jacket in her car seat), but still good for warmth. I think it’ll work very well for either layering or as a casual top. I love the pattern and am looking forward to making it again! Thanks for the help and the patterns!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.