Oliver + S

Layered PDFs?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Mary Lynne Rote @Mamarote

Is there a list of digital patterns available with layered PDFs? Thanks in advance.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

There isn’t a list available. It’s something we have started doing within the last couple years. Older styles will not have the PDF layers built in, but newer styles will.

In the full description of the pattern, you’ll see a sentence mentioning that the pattern has layers to print only your select size if the pattern has been produced that way.

I hope that helps.

LINK
    Mary Lynne Rote @Mamarote

Yes, it does – Thanks.

LINK
    Lynn @spiritoaks

Thank you so much. I am putting together the sleepover pajama pattern for 2 different grandchildren. With my bad back, I’ve only gotten the pants pattern put together and traced off in the two sizes. Although I really want to make the tops, I don’t see much hope continuing like this.

Do you know…if I were to purchase a pro version of Adobe Acrobat, is there a way I could convert some of my older patterns to layers? Thanks.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

No, unfortunately, the creation of layers is something that needs to be done when the original pattern is created. There’s no way to take an existing file and add layers to it. The file needs to be completely remade from the ground up. That’s why we’re creating new patterns with layers (it’s a completely different process to develop the pattern so that the layers can be produced) but not going back to remake older patterns.

The good thing about a PDF, though, is that you don’t really need to trace. You can just print a new version and cut the new size that you want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.