Oliver + S

Jump Rope in knits?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I was just curious if anyone would think the Jump Rope pattern would work in a knit. I’ve done view B in a corduroy, but when I saw basically the same pattern as view A at Gymboree in a knit, I thought why not. What do you who have done view A think?

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306256008&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445994806&fit_type=Regular&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1290094564042

LINK
    Anonymous @

Wow, it does look the same, doesn’t it? I think Liesl would have to tell us if there would be any complications with the placket and collar assembly.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I think if it’s done in a stable knit, it would work fine. I have some interlock from Chez Ami that does not have much stretch to it and have used it in place of a woven before.

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Thanks ladies for your imput. I know I can’t make it as cheap as they are selling it for right now, but I thought since I’ve been doing some work with interlock, and have loved sewing with it, I thougt why not, especially since I wasn’t 100% on an all black dress for my 3 year old daughter. The one thing is the pattern is time consuming and wanted to bounce off the idea before taking the plunge.

Cindy, I remember seeing your orange puppet show shorts in the knit and loved them. I have to say that inspired me to reconsider knits for some of the patterns. I know I’m slow to get on the Flikr bandwagon, but someday I hope to get there.

On a side note, Sandi, I hope things are getting a bit more comfortable at home. 🙂 You’re in my thoughts.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Thanks! That’s such a sweet compliment. For those shorts, I used a jersey that is pretty stable and it worked well. Definitely jump on the flickr bandwagon…I’d love to see what you make.:)

Cindy

LINK
    Anonymous @

thank you, excytin – we are doing better than I expected to be so soon : )

LINK
    G + G @kate_conley

Just made this dress (view B) in the City Weekend knit, and I don’t recommend using a knit for this pattern. The placket, cuffs, and pocket seams became way too bulky and as a result became sloppy looking. Love the style of this dress, but when I make it next time I’ll stick with a woven as the pattern suggests.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52067975@N07/5580305693/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.