Oliver + S

Imperial v Metric

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The imperial measurement of babies makes no sense to me at all. I can much more easily visualise babies in kilograms. A large baby is like an average cat (4-4.5kg) – my second child. An average baby is like a small cat (3-4kg) – my first child.
    And you @juliamom2009, on my reference scale, had a pair of guinea pigs! 😅
    ( I weigh these animals every day as a veterinarian. Obviously a greengrocer would have a completely different scale of reference

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

This has cracked me up. Metric is surely the only ‘sensible’ way to go?! Appart from when weighing babies, measuring seam allowances, or your own measurements… or miles but not feet or yards as they confuse me. And obviously pints (unless it’s wine, then it must be ml). Eek. We are a world of contradictions and habit, no?! Don’t even get me started on using a ‘cup’ as a measurement. What the heck USA!

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

@lightningmcstitch you crack me up! That’s hilarious.

Having just had a baby in the US, I’m totally in pounds right now (8lb 10 1/2oz). I just know she was waaaay heavier than the other tow (2925gm and 3125gm). I can’tr remember what Dot is in gm, and no-one here understands, so there seems little point!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@jay_1965vw really??? She was 1/2 an ounce lighter than my baby and she was waaaay lighter than the other two. Funny how it works but if you remember that 2.2 lbs equals 1kg and if 9lb 4oz (the size of my eldest at birth) was 4.095kg and 11lb 3oz (ds’s size😱 i know!!) worked out to be around 5kg, then your little Dottie (I love that you call her Dot) would be about 3.8kg? At a guess, hopeless with maths and it means the potential of losing this message to go work it out. But it is around that number…. Somewhere.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

3926.409 grams according to google 😀 @jay_1965vw

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Thanks @justsewit I remembered once you wrote that – She was exactly 1kg heavier than Audrey! I’m glad I didn’t know how heavy she was before I gave birth!!

11lb 3oz…. Eeeek!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.