Oliver + S

I believe there is an error in pattern pieces for shorts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    vzgranier @vzgranier

I have made the larger sizes for my #1 grandson, and now, there is a #2 grandson, and need to make the smaller sizes. I find that the back is about an inch shorter than the front. This seems to be the case for the 3 smaller sizes. I can re-draw it, but am not sure which one is correct.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Yes there is an error on the printed back pattern pieces, there is not an seam allowance on sizes 6,7,8,10 and 12. You just need to add a 1/2″ seam allowance to the pattern pieces. Hope this helps!

Sharon

LINK
    vzgranier @vzgranier

ok. It’s the 6-12 mo thru 18-24 mo that I am using. I will try that and see if it works. Thanks

LINK
    vzgranier @vzgranier

so, do I add seam allowance all the way around?

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

You should check the errata notice for that pattern. All the details are provided for you here:

https://oliverands.com/shop/sketchbook-shirt-shorts-sewing-pattern.html#tab-errata

LINK
    vzgranier @vzgranier

Thanks y’all, for the help. I read the notices, and have redrawn the pattern piece.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Your welocme, let us know how it comes out!

LINK
    marcoll @marcoll

hello!!

I bought a few weeks ago sketchbook pattern. I want to try shorts but i reed:

In the first printing there is seam allowance errata, how can I know if the papers I received are “first printings” or I received amended one?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for asking. If you look at the pattern tissue, there is a box somewhere on the tissue with the copyright notice inside it. (It has the oliver + s logo at the top, which makes it easier to find…) At the bottom of that box is a row of numbers: 1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2

The lowest of these numbers indicates which printing you have. If it starts with a 1, you have the first printing. If the 1 is missing and the smallest number is a 2, it’s the second printing, or second version of the pattern.

I hope that helps! My apologies for the error and the confusion it causes. It’s frustrating when these things happen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.