Oliver + S

Hula Hoop success for an older teen!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I made this size 16 Hula hoop skirt in purple with black lace overlay for my 18 year old niece. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/8226624448/

I didn’t see her wear it last year as she lived on the other side of the country but this week it has been worn multiple times as the weather has suddenly warmed up šŸ™‚ Yesterday she was styling what she was going to wear to a concert on the weekend; the hula hoop, corset, patterned tights and boots, it looked stunning.

So in case there is anyone out there wondering if this works for an older girl, Yes it does!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It looks lovely Heidi. I need to size up a few patterns slightly this season and the hula hoop is one of them – not yet a 16 though pretty close.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

You may need A 16 as it is a very fitted skirt šŸ™‚ You could also make the waistband much narrower and lengthen the skirt so that it flares more from the waist/high hip and skims the widest part of the hip, this is how she wears it and how I will make the next one.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I made it in a 12 last year and it was ok on but a struggle to actually get into. I think I might be inclined to add a zipper at the side or something to make it a little easier. But yes it needs lengthening (because we don’t do the under the bottom thing) and the width just a tad. It defintiely has potential for altertions in the pattern pieces that doesnt exactly intrude on the style itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.