Oliver + S

Hood

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Stephanie Smith @thehotcrustacean

I’m wanting to make a ladybug cape for my almost 3yo and was wondering has anyone tried putting a hood on the forest path cape?

Or could I sub in a hood from a different O&S pattern, perhaps the duffle coat?

thanks guys!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

You certainly can fit a hood into the Forest Path Cape. I’ve added a collar, and I know someone’s added a full hood to the Woodland Stroll Cape (the grown up version).
    But….. What you really need is the Red Riding Hood Cape from the book Little Things to Sew. It has a hood, single front button closure, lovely little hand slits and really nice panel shaping. It’s a great pattern and my Seven year old still wears her size 4 version. You may be able to borrow the book from your local library, but having made every project in the book, and many of them multiple times, take it from me: it’s worth buying!

LINK
    Stephanie Smith @thehotcrustacean

thanks Lightening McStitch!

I’ve got Little Things To Sew already and am working my way through it. The Red Riding Hood Cape is adorable however I really like the shape of the Forest Path and I think that it the slightly neater fit would work better for the almost 3yo (who isn’t particularly coordinated) it is intended for.

I’ve seen the little collar you added and that’s super cute – I’ll see what hood I can sub in!

thanks again for your help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.