Oliver + S

Help on B6526 adjustment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Lyndsey Stanfill
    @madelouisville

Hi there, I’ve finished a muslin for the B6526 crossover sweater in a woven (but I will sew in a knit). The fit is actually great and if I didn’t want to modify it I would be good to go.
    However, I want the bodice front to be more drapey like the attached pic. To achieve that, would I just add an even 3″ strip at center front?
    I tried that but it is hard to tell in a woven if that is going to give me the look I want or if it is just making it too big.
    Thanks!

LINK
    Lyndsey Stanfill
    @madelouisville

more pics

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I was just thinking of this pattern the other day and how I should make it as I know I’d wear it all the time.
    I really like your muslin as per the pattern and I like your inspiration picture too, but the second muslin with centre front width isn’t hitting as many goals :)….
    To me, the key to the slouchy, relaxed vibe of your inspiration picture is that it’s crossing under the bust. That does mean it needs the camisole or t-shirt underneath (or fake it and see a triangular wedge of fabric in there!)
    Does your second muslin work better if you scoop that neckline out and bring all the extra, loose fabric below the bust apex?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

P.S. I absolutely bow down before your muslin making dedication to fitting. Chapeaux !

LINK
    Lyndsey Stanfill
    @madelouisville

In my head I thought, I just need more length and that will give me slouch. That is not really working like I thought it would. 🙂
    I’ll try under the bust and see if that makes a difference. It’s hard doing a muslin in a woven for a knit piece!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I agree that the second muslin is just not hitting it. What about altering the pattern piece to lower the neckline so it hits below the bust? That would be relatively easy, I think.

LINK
    Lyndsey Stanfill
    @madelouisville

I took the easy way out and just sewed the pattern as it was drafted! It turned out great 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.