Oliver + S

Good use for left over laminate?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Folks, what do you do with your extra pieces of laminate? I bought 2 yards for a size 4 raincoat and forgot that my fabric was wide, so I have a pretty big piece left over, roughly square. Not big enough for an art smock….

LINK
    aprilshowers @aprilshowers

I just pinned this pattern the other day: http://www.lilblueboo.com/2013/02/simple-round-situpons-sit-upons-from-vinyl-tablecloth.html It calls for vinyl tablecloths but I think would be more than reasonable to make out of laminated cotton.

We just built a bean teepee the other day and I am going to make a big round one out of oilcloth to cover the grass (er, weeds actually) we built it on.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

What about a LTTS bento box carrier? Or make boxy bags or wide mouthed zipper pouches to hold makeup/toiletries?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

If you square it up, round the corners and finish the edges with bias tape, laminate makes a nice table mat for kids’ art projects. The ones I use are 18×20″, though I think 18×24″ would be ideal.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I purchased a copy of Mollie Makes the other day and they included a cute coinpurse with the locking metal clasp at the top. The kit used a laminate. It’s also great as a lining for bags. The bento box carrier would be a great use for it!

LINK
    joslyn @joslyn

I have never used laminate but could you make a matching bucket rain hat with an extra wide brim, or a messenger bag for carrying in the rain?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

These are all fantastic idea, thank you so much, folks!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What about a LTTS Messenger bag?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The LTTS book has lots of things that could be great in laminate. A bucket rain hat perhaps? the Messy Kid bib (as a gift I guess in your case). the front section of the Art Smock…

You know what would be really awesome, a pair of pants (sketchbook, after school, field trip) ATTACHED to the explorer vest to make a pair of Waders. Then you could go fly fishing!

(a stick and some string would do for rod and reel I think…)

Edit: Just re-read how much leftover you have. But now I’m thinking I want to buy enough laminate to make some waders!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do it! Some mudproof gear would be sadly very useful in what I hope will one day be our back yard, rather than our back giant mud slick…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.