Oliver + S

General book posts

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m so glad you’re all excited about this! We’re going to have a lot of fun with it, I promise.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve lost count of how many instagram posts I’ve seen with photos of newly delivered books. 🙂
    Postage to here will be much slower but I’m still excited!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

My daughter is already jumping in on the fun too with her ideas. I have some great ideas for my boys too!! This book is even better than I imagined it would be. Thank you so much for all your hard work that went into this Liesl!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m so glad to hear you say that, @mama_knowles! @lightningmcstitch, I hope yours arrives soon. xo

LINK
    thesimpson5 @thesimpson5

Got my book yesterday!! It’s absolutely beautiful and full to overflowing of everything I need to be able to confidently execute ideas I’ve had but never tried because of my fear of failing. Ridiculous, I know, but true none the less. Not any more though! And I can see where this will help me try new things in my own personal sewing too. A book like this for women will be wonderful!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m glad to hear that, @thesimpson5! I’m hoping that we’ll be able to make an announcement about a women’s book very soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

LINK
    Cammi @cammipatterson

Just purchased mine and 2 more for gifts!! @thesimpson5, boy can I relate!! And a women’s book would be wonderful Liesl!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The Building Block T-Shirt Book (not real) is my pet project 😅
    I can’t wait to see what I can take from the dress book and do with a School Bus tee.
    Here’s a t-shirt modification that never made it to the Oliver + S blog as a tutorial, for reasons that are now obvious!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

As soon as I understood what the book was I thought of that tee you made, Lightning 🙂

LINK

Christmas dress is all sketched out! Next to write diwny page numbers I will need. This week I will give the basic dress a test go for size and fit. Hopefully I can start on this one by mid next month!

LINK
    krisherber @krisherber

Are the body measurements for the basic pattern somewhere? Are they needed? I just skimmed the book and pattern and was not sure yet. But oh my the sleeve alterations instructions alone make this book a must to own! Thanks

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

@krisherber the body measurements for the basis pattern are given on page 40 of the book in the lower left corner of the page.

LINK
    krisherber @krisherber

Well they sure are! Thank you…. I will be doing so much more than skimming the book. I feel pretty silly for not looking thru page by page before asking! It is a great book!and sure to be one I will use often!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m so glad that you’re all happy with it so far. We’ll have lots more fun things for you related to the book starting this week. Yesterday I cut out a new, longer version of the navy long-sleeved version (Dress B) that S was wearing in the book. It’s her favorite, and it was was too short after her growth spurt last year. Kaufman makes this amazing bi-stretch crepe that I just love because it’s machine washable and so easy to sew and to care for: http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/bistretch_crepe/ Apparently they’re taking this fabric out of production, however, so the new dress is from bi-stretch gabardine, which is also very nice: http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/bistretch_gabardine/ I line the dresses with coordinating Cambridge lawn: http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/cambridge/

LINK

Thank you for the link Liesl, I have this dress on Sarah’s list for winter. It’s simply gorgeous!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.