Oliver + S

Fitting issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Leticia Barnes @mitwinstitches

I made this in a size 10 but I’m having some fitting issues.
    I seem to have excess fabric near the armpit and twisting on the sleeves, I am also having pulling across the back even though it seem quite roomy everywhere else. HELP.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I suspect that the vertical armpit wrinkle means you need less width through the chest at that point. I have fixed this by pinning out a dart on my practice version and transferring the new shape to my pattern. It can look quite odd.
    You may need to add the amount removed from the front to the back, especially as you mentioned the back was pulling. Although fixing the front chest width may fix the pulling at the back as it will move the armhole forward, moving the armhole seam into the correct position.
    Essentially your measurement may not be not equally distributed both front and back. Most of my measurements are different front and back.
    Here’s a link to where I first came across the idea of different front and back measures,http://sewingplums.com/2011/11/26/getting-to-know-my-sizes/

Someone else may have other ideas, I look forward to hearing them.

The other thing is if it doesn’t bother you wearing it don’t worry and just enjoy wearing it, it is really beautiful 🙂

LINK
    Leticia Barnes @mitwinstitches

Thanks so much. I will check that out.

LINK
    J deGroot @jdegroot

I have another fitting question. I just made the Gallery tunic in a size 12. It looks and feels wonderful but it doesn’t quite fit right around the bust. I’ve also made the Cappucino tunic in a size 12 and it fit perfectly so I didn’t make a muslin of this one first (should have :). At first I thought I needed a bicep adjustment but after some research I think that fits. I also figured out that my bust size and upper bust size are the same -39″ (I am a cup size A) and maybe that is the problem. The solution? Should I make a size larger, or should I do a increase the shoulder height (or the front and back shoulder slope) or both?
    Grateful for any feedback.

LINK
    J deGroot @jdegroot

I neglected to add that I have mild drag lines from centre front to the armscyes, which has made me think that increasing the shoulder height might be the place to start.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.