Oliver + S

finishing seam allowances

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kathy Anderson @GrandmaK

I just made, and am delighted with the hopscotch dress pattern, using a lovely knit designed by RAE. I’m just starting a raglan t-shirt, and I’m wondering why there are no directions to finish the seams? That was a part of each step of the dress pattern.

Thanks.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi @grandmak

I honestly couldn’t say why! I have made the field trip raglan many times and have honestly not noticed the instructions not mentioning to finish the seams. I just go ahead and do that anyway. If you have an overlocker/ serger you can opt to use this instead of the sewing machine and this way it finishes the seams as you sew. If not then I would just finishe them as you did the hopscotch dress. The seam allowances are the same.

Hope this is helpful
    Tamara

LINK
    Kathy Anderson @GrandmaK

Thank you. I just looked over the directions one last time, and they do include in the “Sewing with knits” directions, to finish the seams. And my little shirt is wonderful, of course! Finished fast. Another lovely pattern.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.