Oliver + S

final skirt too small

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@nan53 did you measure your grand daughter’s hips? My 15 month old has to wear an 18-24 month size on her bottom half just because of her hips! I haven’t as yet made this pattern for her and, knowing it is a slimmer fit skirt, I will do the same and use this size. She is a 12-18 month size in the top half.

You can always go up and then tighten the elastic accordingly. The buttonhole elastic is particularly useful for this because as she grows into the skirt, you can let the elastic out without having to go to the trouble of unpicking and rethreading.

I agree the jacket is a good fit, probably designed with more ease for a layering item.

LINK
    Nan @Nan53

No measuring as we live some distance from our sons family, and I wanted the outfit to be a surprise. I think the waistband would fit, and possibly the skirt without a nappy but that’s not going to happen for a 1 yr old. buttonhole elastic is a great idea – thanks for that. I’ll try it on a bigger size

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.