Oliver + S

Fabric choices for Easter Bubble

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I’m so excited that the Bubble Dress is now available as a PDF. I plan to make both my girls Easter dresses for next year using this pattern. But I have some questions about fabric choices. I have acquired most of my sewing experience and knowledge while living in Russia, without access to a wide range of fabrics to feel and fondle. We are moving in a couple weeks but will be back home in the U.S. for the summer, during which time I plan to stock up on fabrics for the next two years. I want the bubble dresses to be pretty dressy and was thinking dupioni silk. That’s a stiffer silk fabric, right? I am envisioning a crisp kind of a look. And if I were to use it, what would be advisable for the lining? My older daughter has a nasty case of eczema and I try to dress her only in natural fabrics next to her skin. Could I use cotton as the lining?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Absolutely! My rule of thumb is natural fibres with natural fibres, synthetics with synthetics. Of course I do stretch the rules a little but if your girl has eczema this would be the best thing – maybe a voile to keep it light? Something cotton but not too heavy would be perfect.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.