Oliver + S

Dress Variation O bow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kate @matuhart

My daughter has specifically asked
    me to make dress variation O (with the cat patch pocket), including the bow. I looked through the book and didn’t find any mention of how I could make the bow. Any suggestions where I could find this? I’m also wondering if the bow could be made removable without resorting to pins. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Kate

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Kate (@matuhart), I’ve just moved house and everything is in boxes, so I don’t have my book on hand. But…

There is a free felt bow pattern here on the Oliver + S website under the Free Patterns tab.

If you want to use your dress fabric, you can still use this pattern. I’ve sewn it in fabric by adding a 1/4″ seam allowance, stitching and turning it inside out and just concealing the opening under the central wrap part of the bow.

Hope that helps. Sounds like a cute dress: kitties AND bows!

LINK
    Kate @matuhart

Thank you so much! I’ll take a look. My daughter remembered my Pink Panther fabric in my quilting stash and requested that for the patch pocket instead of one shaped like a cat. 🤷🏻‍♀️ She has a vision…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.