Oliver + S

Don't forget Play Date!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

I am a complete knit novice, but I imagine interlock works a bit better than single knit. I only had enough t-shirt for the yoke, not the lining, so that probably made a bit more sturdy.

What is wonder-under? I have never come across it. It sounds fantastic!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I actually have Heat ‘n Bond, but first learned about the stuff as “Wonder Under” (so to me it’s like a Kleenex or a Xerox.) but the both do the same thing, have paper on one (or two) sides, and glue on the back that adheres with an iron. It allows you to trace patterns onto the paper, iron the “glue” onto the fabric, cut it out, and then peel off the back for an instant applique or patch. Very, very useful stuff.

The dress is up on Flickr now-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johanna_e_olson/5164327078/

LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

I’ll have to see if my atrocious local sewing shop stocks it. I think the dress looks cute! I like the contrast pink stitching.

I put mine up too – not the best photo, unfortunately-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55741006@N05/5165702572/in/pool-694451@N21/

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Hi Laura – are you ‘sewnup’ – just saw your dress – I think it looks great! Iike your knit version too, Johanna!

(and you’ll all be happy to know I’ve finally taken the plunge and ordered this pattern – hurry up, postman!)

LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

Yes – I’m SewnUp. Using my real name on Flickr seems a bit risky after reading the thread here. Glad you like it – worked out much better than I thought it would.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes – I’m a bit naive when it comes to internet ‘safety’ – didn’t read that thread till after I had joined flickr – sometimes I wish I hadn’t used my kids’ names, but then I see others doing it and I do like the ‘connection’ thing, I guess!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Hooray!!! My playdate pattern arrived this afternoon! (Thanks Amy!)

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

I’m falling in love with this pattern, too. I started it the other day and now, this morning, when I came down to the studio and saw it on its hanger–not finished but getting there–it made me SMILE. Piccies soon, I promise! xoxo, Nancy

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.